Friday, October 26, 2007

WHO WANTS MY BUSINESS?


This week I was trying to book a function room for 150 people for a charity event. You'd think it would be easy! Not in the land of the world's tallest midget!

When I got through to a local hall to ask if they could do it the woman who answered the phone made five attempts to transfer the phone to the person who could help me - and clearly wasn't able to transfer the call.

I then phoned the local football club - who have an ideal room. Again the person who answered couldn't help me - and she wasn't sure where the man who could help was. He did eventually call me back but the price wasn't in line with what a charity event was all about!!

I then phoned the local golf club - nobody answered the phone - and there was no facility to leave a message.

I went onto Yell dot.com to find a listing for the biggest hotel in the area. The number listed was only a bedroom reservation number. The recorded announcement told me to get the local hotel number if I wanted anything else. This was not available either on Yell.com, in Yellow Pages or on their website!!

I then phoned my mate who is a manager at a local hotel. He found a room and gave it me for free - knowing full well they'll make a pile on food and drink - and we'll make a pile for our charity.

Who of service experience when you still can't get through to most people still! And who said relationships don't work in customer service.


Simon

No comments: